Spring means the snow has disappeared and gym classes get to head outside. Ultimate frisbee, soccer, touch football, and softball are all great outdoor games that we will learn about. In the sports department, grade 5-8 track and field and the elementary running club are beginning soon. The start of the running club means our intramurals will have come to an end.
Students in grades four through eight may join the Earl Grey Running Club which meets during the lunch hour on scheduled days. The grade 4-6 students also have the opportunity to participate in the divisions Fit Run to be held at Assiniboine Park on June 6th. More information about the Running Club will be coming soon!
Fun Fitness Facts about Exercise
- There is only one type of exercisethat requires you hold your breath in order to accomplish the exercise. What is it? It’s swimming underwater.
- If you had every single muscle in your body work together at the same time, you could lift about 50,000 pounds.
- The best way to judge whether or not you are exercising at too high of an intensity is to see whether or not you can carry on a conversation. If you can’t, you may want to back off of the intensity just a little until you can.
- Dancing is a terrific and fun form of exercise that can improve cardiovascular fitness just like any other more formaltype of exercise.
- If you’re always in a bad mood, then getting fit just may help. Regular exercise can enhance mood and overall well-being.
- In spite of what you may have read, there is no “best time to exercise.” It turns out that the best time to exercise is when it works for you.
- Being dehydrated reduces exercise performance. Make sure you hydrate for peak performance during a workout.
- People who cross-train with a variety of exercise are more fit and less injury-prone than those who exercise using only one or two exercises.