Reflections on Innovative Teaching Practices:
What has been reaffirmed?
- Division encouraging the use of mobile technology, BYOD and innovative practices in teaching.
- Teachers are using, exploring, and infusing Technology into their daily teaching practices.
- Teachers are collaborating using technology.
- Students are using their own devices (BYOD) as well as the school devices (laptops etc.) to complete assignments and to collaborate with one another.
- Students are also using a variety of devices for creativity (e.g. in Art, students are making videos using a variety of software, designing projects using Photoshop etc.).
- Teachers are using other innovative teaching practices not necessarily using technology: e.g. Destination Imagination
What are you doing moving forward?
- Working collaboratively with colleagues (e.g. share strategies on how to engage students to become more creative).
- Set up Google Classroom (e.g. Test in Advisory Groups).
- Technology Subcommittee hosting a variety of Brown Bag Sessions introducing teachers to a variety of different technologies (e.g. DaVinci Resolve for video editing, Kahoot: a free game-based learning platform, Onenote etc.)